A step-by-step guide for making your doctor’s appointment count
Your doctor is your partner when it comes to managing your blood sugar and overall health. They can order tests and write prescriptions. They can also help you find habits that support your health. Being prepared for appointments is how you can get the most out of your time together.
What to do before your appointment:
- Check your blood sugar every day for a week before your appointment. Try checking at different times of day, such as while fasting, first thing in the morning, and before and 2 hours after your largest meal of the day so your doctor can see how your blood sugar is doing on average. Follow your doctor’s recommendations and try these tips on when to check your blood sugar.
- Share your Livongo Health Summary Report with your doctor.
- Ask these key treatment questions for managing diabetes and more:
Preparing your health information and questions will help you and your doctor make the most of your appointment and build the best treatment plan for you!
What to do during your appointment:
- Take notes on your doctor’s appointment worksheet, in a notebook, or on your phone.
- Invite a friend or family member for support or to take notes for you.
- Ask your doctor to share a summary of the visit after your appointment. Make sure you know where to find it (email, app, portal…).
What to do after your appointment:
- Complete any tests your doctor ordered.
- Fill any prescriptions your doctor ordered.
- Design your schedule and your environment to support your treatment plan.
Set yourself up for success with your doctor before, during, and after your appointment to be your healthiest!