Keeping track of what you eat can help you reach your health goals. It allows you to reflect on your eating patterns—like how different foods make you feel. And you’ll start to notice where swapping certain foods or portion sizes makes a difference.
You can keep up this powerful habit by using your app. It now has new features that make it even easier. Here’s what changed:
- Food database: You can now select common and branded foods from a database.
- Autocomplete searches: When you search for a food, you’ll see suggestions appear as you type. If the right one appears before you finish typing, tap it to save time.
- Recently logged foods: If you often eat the same foods, you’ll be relieved to find anything you tracked recently listed at the start of a new search. This makes it easier to track that food again.
- Past and future meals: If you forget to track something you ate, you can add food as far back as a year in the past. You can also add foods up to two weeks in advance.
- Serving sizes: The new food database provides typical serving sizes for each food you track.
Follow these steps to track your food in the app
Tap “Log” at the bottom of the home screen, and then select “Food.”
Pick your date and meal
You are now in your food log. Select “Change” in the upper right to choose a date other than today.
Then, tap “Add food” under the meal you’d like to track.
If you’re searching for a food you recently tracked, you’ll notice it listed there at the start of the search.
If there aren’t any foods listed or you’re searching for something new, start by typing the name of the food you’d like to track in the search bar. Options will appear as you type.
If it’s a branded food, like “Healthy Choice Beef & Broccoli,” select the Brand Foods button and start your search there.
Once you find the correct food, tap the result.
Choose the serving size and enter the time. Include a note and take a picture of the food, if you’re able to. Photos are a simple way to capture details about your meals when you’re busy.
Then, tap “Save.”
Your food will now show up in your food log.
Other helpful features
- Delete food: Go to your food log and tap the food entry. Then, tap “Delete” on the top left of the screen. If you’re using an Android, tap “Delete” on the top right of the screen.
- Edit a food: To change the details of a food you’ve already added, go to your food log and tap the food entry. This will allow you to change the serving, date, time, notes or image.
- Change foods: If you want to change food that you’ve added, go to your food log and tap the food entry. Then select “Change” in the upper right of the screen. You can now search for the food you’d like to add.