Connecting with the Apple Health App (iOS)
- Open the Livongo app and scroll to the “steps” card.
Tap on Apple HealthKit from the options provided.
If it is your very first time connecting the Livongo App to HealthKit, you will be presented with the HealthKit app’s access screen.
- If no integrations are currently enabled, the home screen card should read “Start tracking your steps.”
- If other integrations have already been turned on, the steps card will show number of steps, but you can still turn on other integrations by clicking on the card and proceeding to the next step.
If you have previously connected and then disconnected access to HealthKit, you will need to re-enable “read” access for Livongo by opening the Apple HealthKit app and turning access back on.
- Make sure “read” access is enabled for the Livongo app (toggle to the right).
- This step provides Livongo explicit permission to retrieve step data from the member’s Apple HealthKit account.
- Tap Allow.
The app should return to a screen showing that the Apple Health data has been synced.
Tap the back arrow (upper-left corner) to return to the list of integrations.
- Open the Health app.
- Tap Sources tab.
- Tap Livongo app.
- Make sure Livongo has read access to Steps (toggle to the right).
- Return to the Livongo app.
- NOTE: Multiple integrations can be turned on at once, so if you stop using one service, Livongo will continue recording your steps from the others. See more on the Hierarchy of Steps.