Welcome to your Lean Protein Challenge! Your mission is to fill ¼ of your plate with a lean protein. Try this at least once a day for 5 days.
What do we mean by lean protein? We’re talking about any high-protein source that’s naturally lower in fats and calories.
Lean Proteins List
There’s a big variety to choose from! You could enjoy:
- Low-fat cheese
- Poultry (like chicken, turkey, and Cornish game hen)
- Fish (such as cod, tilapia, halibut, and catfish)
- Beans (like black-eyed peas, soy, and lima beans)
- Meat substitutes (including tofu, seitan, and tempeh)
The Benefits of Lean Protein
Lean proteins are delicious. But they also do your body good! This natural building block for your body:
- builds and repairs your muscles
- keeps your hair, nails, and skin healthy
- works to stabilize blood sugar levels
- helps fill you up so you don’t overeat
Enjoy all your favorite lean proteins throughout the week! Remember: a quarter of your plate is plenty.
And keep checking in each day for more content. You’ll learn how to keep portions in check, manage cravings for more food, and even how to navigate “food pushers.”